Edgar A. Poe on the WWW.
The Poe Decoder:
Qrisse's Poe Pages:
E.A. Poe Society of Baltimore:
Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site:
A Poe Webliography:
Edgar Allan Poe in his time:
MR. BROUGH'S EDGAR A. POE PHOTO ALBUM:
Essays on Poe's Life and Works:
- Poe was born on January 19, 1809 in Boston.
- David = Father.
- Eliza = Mother.
- William Henry = Brother.
- Rosalie = Sister.
- Virginia = Cousin & Wife.
- Maria (Muddy) = Aunt & Mother-in-Law.
- December 8, 1811: Eliza Poe dies of TB.
- Edgar goes to live with the Allan family.
- John Allan = Foster father.
- Frances Allan = Foster mother.
- February 28, 1829: Frances Allan dies of TB.
- March 27, 1834: John Allan dies. He was worth 750,000 dollars. He left Edgar nothing!
- May 16, 1836: Poe marries his cousin Virginia.
- January 1842: Virginia coughs up blood while singing.
- January 30, 1847: Virginia dies of TB.
- October 7, 1849: Edgar A. Poe dies in Baltimore.
- Click here for Detailed Biography of Edgar Allan Poe.
Click on the story title to read it on-line.